Saturday, June 8, 2013

Sigh.....

I have made a self discovery that is not very pleasing. As a matter of fact, I find it quite horrifying. I have become one of those people who says yes to requests even when I know I should say no. Or I allude to the probable potential that something will come to be. As a result I have made promises that I just can't keep. That makes me a liar and untrustworthy.

We are trying to instill honesty, integrity and trust into the character of our children. How can I teach this if I cannot be a primary example?  I refuse to be the do as I say not as I do parent. So today I begin a new leg of my journey: living honestly in everything.

I am taking the summer to finish all (God help me) of the half finished projects cluttering both bays of the garage and closets, to do the fun summer kid activities that I have pinned with good intention, and to be a better, mother, wife, daughter, sister and friend.

Hopefully, in this process I will find joy in clay again. The mug project sucked the artistic life out of me. I realized I am definitely not a production potter. I have several drawings and paintings to finish that are years overdue as well.

To hold myself accountable, I am going to post my progress weekly in a Friday recap. If I miss a week, please call me out.

The first task: sending grades to the admin for this school year before the due date. It's like pulling my own teeth to do paperwork and go to the post office.

To any and all that I may have disappointed by making a promise or pledge, I sincerely apologize.


No comments: